Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer 2012

Wow! It has been a massively massive long long time that I haven't written on this blog, but to be honest I couldn't be bothered, and I've been really busy. I finished my second year of the English medium MBBS at Zhejiang University. I was awarded a scholarship of 700 GBP for being in the top three. That is the maximum scholarship they are giving out this year, and last year. I asked the international office and they said it might go up next year, but they do not know for sure. I also transfered to the Chinese language medical program. This is not because there is anything wrong with the English medium MBBS, but eversince coming to China I always wanted to study in Chinese in order to improve my Chinese. On the downside, this means I won't graduate until 2017 - swings and roundabouts!

I stayed here over the Summer to prepare for the Chinese course and earn some money for the tuition fees. I have had a really really busy Summer. I have been doing IELTS examining, teaching a class of 8 year olds; I was in an experimental drama in the Zhejiang Art Gallery; my post rock band went on tour (paid) and played a beach festival on peach flower island; I atteneded research labs in the anatomy department here; I gave a speech in the brand new stadium here in Zhejiang Universitiy's Zijingang campus for the new students (7000 of them)  and, oh yes, my parents came to visit.

This is a video of the ceremony in the new indoor olympic size sports stadium for the new students. If you look very closely, you can see me:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQzNDg3ODg4.html

2 comments:

Vascular Surgery

 Again it has been a while since I last posted a blog. I believe I am averaging about 1 post every 3 years, not bad! I am now an ACFST2 in V...